Monday, September 27, 2010

Finally, a VACATION

Yeah, I'm getting time off. Time off that doesn't involve a loved one dying, carrying out last rites, flopping sandbags, or some other non-fun shit. Yep, selfish, and F you for thinking it. This year to date has sucked ass, and i'm fucking tired of trying to mask it. What turned things around? do you even care? as if I care either way. I'm telling you. I've got a buzz, I found some happy, and I don't care if my language goes "R".

a few weeks ago when i was in Casper, wy, out of the blue, I get a text from a frend i havent spoken to since i left Denver. a frend i ment to never forget when I left denver 6 years ago. a frend who thot i hated her. a frend i am glad to have reconnected, and hopefully set the record straight on many fronts. a frend I never officially thanked for the flowers when Sandra passed away. after some comms, I set aside some time to pay a visit to my old stomping grounds, and see her. You know who you are.

It is after several beers, laughs, shared experiences, coincidental similarities, smart-assery, and a re-weaving of what may have been a frayed friendship that I write this. I come away from this trip with a smile. A smile I haven't worn for some time now. And for fuck's sake, damn I'm glad I have found a slice of some happy that I lost. Friends are more than just people you know better than acquaintances. Friends are folks you can explode emotionally around, and they'll offer you a shoulder or an embrace to make things better. Friends are folks you make a casual statement or observation about something, and they show up later with a gift relevant to what you said. "Ding-ding".

I took this trip to see you again. I took this trip to get away from the shit I have going on in my life. I took this trip to see where you've gone, where you are, and where you're going. I hope our paths cross again, that we never let distance, time, or other's opinions influence what we genuinely share. I saw some beautiful places, interesting things, interesting people, and caught all the fish. But because I was in your company, and you shared your escapes, family, and smile, and time, that I come away from this trip with more than just memories. I will treasure this the rest of my life, and I work on an artful symbolism for us to share forever.

Thanks for being there for me, I'm always here for you. May we never again grow apart. Let's make it a motto: "Gotta Have More Fun".




No comments: